The Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the 2018 National Bible Bowl Tournament will be held June 18th-21st at Johnson University, Knoxville, TN. Those who have been on the Johnson campus know that the quality of the campus, lodging accommodations, and food service is excellent and the Board believes that this venue will provide the perfect location for our event.
This decision is the result of many hours of prayer, research, and thoughtful consideration. We have had requests from the Bible Bowl community for some time to consider a Bible college setting for nationals, both from a cost perspective and a logistics perspective. We believe that this location will offer several benefits to our attendees:
1) Significant cost savings. In reaching this decision, the board calculated the cost of a student attending the National Tournament in various locations and scenarios, and we believe that Johnson University will provide a significant savings over any other option considered.
2) Safety and security. The privacy and seclusion of the campus is an excellent venue for children and young adults, giving adult sponsors less to worry about.
3) Transportation. Parking (even for buses) is not a problem, and there is no charge. In addition, since all events and food service is provided on-campus, there is no need to leave the campus during the event.
4) Flexibility. The campus provides plenty of wide-open outdoor (and indoor) spaces for activities that would be impossible to offer in a hotel setting due to cost and space issues.
5) Area attractions. Outdoor activities abound near Johnson University. The campus is located near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg resort area.
More information about the tournament will be released this fall.
We hope that all Bible Bowl teams will consider joining us for this end-of-year celebration!