The deadline for registering for the National Tournament has been extended to midnight on Sunday, April 11th. Should you have any difficulty registering on the 10th or 11th, please respond to this email, and we will make sure to get your problems resolved the following Monday!
In addition, Milligan has let us know they will be using the same Covid procedures as last year, except that players may take off or lower their masks when seated at the table to play! You can find the details of the precautions below.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Cloth face mask for each attendee is REQUIRED (unless a valid medical doctor’s written note is provided prior to the event indicating that the person cannot wear a mask for medical reasons).
- Hand sanitizer encouraged
- Thermometer encouraged
- Disinfectant wipes per team encouraged
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME:
- Temperature check each person in your group. If anyone’s temperature exceeds 100.4, please do not come.
- Question each person as to Covid-19 symptoms. If anyone has Covid-19 symptoms, please do not come.
ON ARRIVAL AT MILLIGAN:
- Each attendee will need to come to check-in and each person’s temperature will be checked. Anyone with a temperature exceeding 100.4 will be quarantined on campus until cleared by the campus nurse.
DURING THE WEEK:
- Temperatures will be checked for each attendee EACH MORNING prior to devotions. Devotions are mandatory. If anyone has a fever exceeding 100.4, they will be required to return to the dorms and move to a quarantine area in the dorm until cleared by the campus nurse.
- Teams will be distanced from each other in the competition rooms, but not from your own team. Anyone from your church is considered part of your “cohort” and we are not required to distance members of the same cohort.
- In order to social distance, the audience in each room will be limited. Each team will be able to select a certain number of spectators (not including players sitting at the table) to be in the room. This number will vary by the size of the room. Extra spectators must wait outside. If there are extra seats available after both teams have selected their spectators, then spectators not affiliated with either team may fill the remaining seats.
- All assemblies and meals will have assigned seating by group, and groups will be distanced from each other. You will sit in your assigned seat all week for both assemblies and meals.
- Milligan will be disinfecting public restrooms overnight, and will be periodically disinfecting “common touch” surfaces such as doorknobs, etc.
- Face masks must be worn when indoors (except in your dorm and at meals). When competing, players may remove their masks so long as they are seated at the table and socially distanced from the other team, the quizmaster, and the audience.
- Handshaking and other physical contact before and after games is not allowed.
- There will be disinfectant bottles and paper towels and/or wipes in each competition room. You are responsible for disinfecting the table, buzzers, etc. on your team’s side before each game. Spectators are responsible for disinfecting their own seat before the game.
- This year, Milligan will not be allowing anyone who is not registered with National Bible Bowl to attend the event. Anyone arriving on campus who has not pre-registered will be asked to leave.
- Meals will not be available for purchase in the cafeteria. Only those registered and with a name badge will be allowed in the cafeteria.
- Meals will be pre-plated.
- Once on campus, teams are encouraged to stay on campus for the duration of the event.