Bible Bowl is a quick recall program where students compete over their knowledge of scripture. A selected book or books of the Bible is determined as the text that season. A team competes against another team over a selected segment of the text; the team with the most points at the end of the game wins!
A team is comprised of up to four players in either 3rd through 5th grade for Beginner Bible Bowl or 6th through 12th grade for Teen Bible Bowl. A team sponsor (a parent or other adult) will have practices with his or her team weekly in order to guide the students in their weekly reading and studying habits.
Bible Bowl has two seasons per year. The Fall season begins with the school year and has 3 local competitions from September through November, and the Spring season begins after the holidays and has 3 local competitions March through May. There is an optional National Tournament for both seasons: one in early December and one in June.
- Encourages students to read the Bible consistently
- Offers scholarship money to Christian colleges at the summer tournaments
- Teaches helpful study, memorization, and test-taking skills that can be applied to other areas of life
- Builds teamwork and sportsmanship
- Fosters a mentoring relationship between student and sponsor/coach
- Connects students throughout the region and nation with other like-minded students
- Gives students a competitive outlet in a Christian atmosphere